The company started as a family business under the flagship called People’s Pharmacy back in 1951 in the small town of Malacca, Malaysia. It began operation as a sole proprietorship under Mr. N. L. Chong, a registered pharmacist. Before long, it soon became a first in the country to handle reputable names in agency product lines in the fields of pharmaceuticals, healthcare and beauty products in the region. Some of these products later became brand names.
Many of these agency product lines have been forged very much on friendship. For the same reason some of the agency lines have been with the company since inception. The company expanded into Singapore in 1982. Indrugco Pte Ltd was set up as a result of the different country requirements of the two legal entities and to meet the unique marketing stratagem of Singapore. It handles the same range of products as the parent company from the various agencies, but operates independently. It has a separate selling field force and office administration and looks after the Singapore and Brunei market while the Malaysian business continues to take care of Peninsula and East Malaysia.
The company still keeps abreast of the latest developments in medicine. It is evolving and continually evaluating potential new products which can complement its present stable of products. Today operating under Indrugco Pte Ltd in Singapore and People’s Pharmacy (M) Sdn Bhd in Malaysia, the company is well established in the fields of pharmaceuticals and nutritional medicines.
The company is proud to be associated with sound sales, marketing and an organised distribution network.
Good co-operation and excellent rapport with our partner principals through understanding of mutual objectives, many of whom have been with us for more than 25 years.
- In-house expertise of regulatory issues including product registrations
- In-house training programs for staff
- Excellent team work among the office, sales and delivery staff
- Years of experience in organising public sales seminars and sales promotion programs to inform and to create consumer awareness
- Proven track records in launching new products. We have successfully launched several new products for our partner principals. Some of our successes have been with Pharmaton, Immuvital, Elu Hair Care products, Polygynax, Dentinox baby products and the Epoch and Herb Valley range of nutritional supplements.
- Good rapport with our customers in government institutions, private hospitals, clinics and pharmacies.
We have partner principals in the United Kingdom, United States of America, Germany, New Zealand, Korea, France, Italy, Greece and Australia. The range of products handled is wide but may be categorised into two broad categories according to regulatory requirements: ethical and OTC (over-the-counter) pharmaceuticals which may or may not require product registration. Products that do require product registration include the urological, gynaecological, certain ophthalmic products and a wide range of the generic medicines. Products that do not require registration embrace the growing group of health and nutritional supplements. In Malaysia all products which contain any health claims would be subject to product registration.
Work with Us
If you are interested to work with us, please click here to send us an email or give us a call at 6275 6789. We look forward to hearing from you.